03 May Suggestions for making successful Timeshare Trades to Europe
Timeshare is an affordable way to see the world in comfort. Knowing a few secrets about how Europeans vacation will lead to better success.
· January – March resorts have the most availability other than in ski areas.
· July – August owners are unlikely to trade and usually book up well in advance.
· Most European resorts are located outside of the cities in ski and country areas. They are difficult to find them in London, Paris and Lisbon. Europeans buy their timeshare to get out of the towns and cities for vacation and trade to resort areas so that is what is up for trade.
· Most likely you will need to rent a car and/or make sure you are located near a public transportation base.
· Timeshares in Europe are generally smaller and less luxurious compared to US. Check reviews to see if it’s being deposited and if it’s ranked well.
· Don’t trade a high maintenance fee unit for Europe unless you need to burn points or you are getting exactly what you want.
· Finding 3-4 weeks at one resort can be a challenge to match. Use an extra vacation getaway or rent a week from the resort, often for less than $500.00.
· Make use of the concierge desk.
· Reservations have been known to be cancelled so purchasing insurance is recommended.
· Be flexible and be open to a variety of dates.
· While booking a European vacation may present more work and challenges, it may still be a way to do something you wouldn’t do otherwise. The adventurous can’t always be picky.